Air Conditioning Maintenance
AC Tune-Up Services In The Tallahassee, FL Area
With home ownership comes a lot of pride along with a lot of responsibility. You’re in charge of everything in your home, from the top of the roof to the pipes underneath the ground. When it comes to your central air conditioning system, let Benson’s take some of that responsibility off your hands with our maintenance services. Our tune-ups will help keep your most important appliance, your AC, running well for years to come.
Residential Maintenance Plans
For a low price that comes with a heap of extra benefits, signing up for one of our HVAC maintenance plans just makes good sense.PROTECT MY SYSTEM
In general, your air conditioner should be serviced once a year, in the spring. This is done to verify that it is clean, that its parts are in good condition, and that it is running as efficiently as possible. HVAC specialists plan air conditioner tune-ups in the spring, after the weather has warmed up, so that they are ready for the humidity and heat.
Some of the more typical things you should expect during an AC tune up are:
- A thorough cleaning of the condenser coils. This improves efficiency (which has a direct influence on energy costs) and can minimize wear and tear on your system.
- Evaluation of the coolant level to aid in the maintenance of peak operational performance.
- Lubrication of all moving parts to reduce friction and wear, which can raise your energy bills.
- The thermostat will be fully calibrated to ensure optimal performance.
- An examination of the ductwork for potential energy loss.
- Tightening and inspecting all electrical connections to ensure that the system is operating safely.
- Examine the blower motor's performance and the condition of the blower belt.
The most crucial maintenance chore for ensuring the performance of your air conditioner is to change or clean its filters on a regular basis. Filters that are clogged with dirt, dust, pet hair and lint restrict the quantity of airflow and, as a result, the efficiency of the system. Furthermore, when airflow is restricted, dirt might skip the filter and enter the evaporator coil, impairing the coil's heat-absorbing ability. Replacing a filthy, clogged filter with a clean one can reduce the energy usage of your air conditioner by 5% to 15%.
Benson’s Maintenance Service
For a tune-up on your AC that goes above and beyond, turn to the team at Benson’s. Our maintenance service encompasses a wide range of items to check, clean, lubricate, top-off and more. Our expert techs will be able to identify any potential problems with your unit as well as perform a service that will keep your system running smoothly throughout the hottest of summers.
We also offer Residential Maintenance Plans to keep your unit serviced regularly as well as provide you with additional membership benefits you won’t get from a basic maintenance call.
Customers continue to turn to Benson’s for their AC needs because of:
Why An AC Tune-Up?
A maintenance service on an AC is a comprehensive inspection, cleaning and overall upkeep on your unit. Done annually, the service has a number of benefits, including: